Business Service Technician — Moab/Monticello/Blanding
Emery Telcom Video has a full-time position open for a Business Service Technician in the Moab, Monticello, and Blanding area. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will install, troubleshoot, and maintain phone, internet, and video services and equipment at the customer's premise. This person will also help with computer and networking services for customers.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Report to work on time each day
- Responsible for all installation jobs as assigned each day
- Responsible for all troubleshooting jobs as assigned each day
- Must be able to learn telecommunications technology
- Place aerial or underground drops to the customer's premises
- Locate underground cables as needed
- Place outlets to feed individual TV/internet/phone locations at customer’s premise
- Install equipment as needed (cable modems, set top boxes, etc.)
- Install Cat5e and RG-6 wiring and connectors
- Install and configure network switches and small business routers
- Install and configure business telephone systems and wireless networking equipment
- Install and troubleshoot customer computers, printers, and software
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing services. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.